CALL FOR SUCCESS STORIES
Deadline February 15th, 2018
The Gender & Nutrition within Extension success story competition aims to capture real-life case studies of stakeholders in Uganda who are strengthening Agricultural Extension & Advisory Services by integrating gender and nutrition approaches, leading to improved livelihoods for smallholder farmers. This is not a traditional success story competition!
We want to hear;
- What approaches are working well?
- What are the struggles & challenges in integrating gender & nutrition?
- What are lessons learned?
- What are some best-practices that you have encountered?
Cases can be about a big program intervention, or about a small practice that made an important difference to your work.
Examples of Themes & Actions:
- Utilize gender analysis to inform service/program design and implementation
- Diversify production to meet nutritional needs
- Provide market oriented advisory services
- Encourage small scale production such as Homestead gardens
10 winning cases will present their cases at the INGENAES UFAAS 2018 National Symposium scheduled for March 12th-15th, 2018 at Hotel Africana, Kampala.
The case competition is open to all individuals and organizations who are involved with the INGENAES project (Farmer Based Organizations, Student Fellows and Community of Practice- CoP Members).
How to apply:
In case you have photos or videos to accompany the application, please send them via WhatsApp to +256 784 435801. Please label your photos with name, organization, and description of the photo.
For more information, please email UFAAS at firstname.lastname@example.org